Skip to content
- 1944 – Patten University was founded as Patten Bible College in Oakland California.
- 1978 – Patten changed its name to Patten College was accredited by WASC Senior Commission for Universities and Colleges (WSCUC). Once Patten began offering graduate programs its name was changed to Patten University.
- 2012 – Patten University was acquired by UniversityNow, an oakland-based social venture through which it offered affordable online degree programs serving adult learners.
- 2018 – National University System (NUS), a nonprofit organization that manages a network of private universities and a national leader in adult education acquired the award-winning learning platform and online degree programs developed by UniversityNow and Patten University.
- 2020 – After successfully completing the transition to NUS, Patten returned to its roots as a religiously affiliated institution and is associated with the Christian Evangelical Churches of America. Patten now operates under a religious exemption pursuant to California Education Code §94874(e).